Trained Peer Support Program
Connect with a survivor trained by SHARE to help understand your health situation, deal with every step of the process, and think through your choices.
This is the first patient support program to use social media to connect patients with trained peer survivors for decision and emotional support. And best of all, the support is free!
- Ask questions and receive individualized answers.
- Get instant feedback from your virtual support group.
- Send direct messages for help with private issues.
It's easy to get started. Here are the options:
- Send a direct message to a trained peer supporter you select below to introduce yourself.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll match you with a trained survivor.
- Call the SHARE hotline at 866-891-2392 if you would like to speak directly with a trained survivor.
SHARE Trained Survivors
I was diagnosed in 2005 with estrogen positive, Stage 2 breast cancer. My treatment included lumpectomy, chemotherapy (ACT), and radiation. In 2010, I became a volunteer at SHARE, an organization in NYC that supports women with breast and ovarian cancer. I volunteer on its Hotline and facilitate an ongoing support group for women with breast cancer. I am in my fifties and I have two grown sons.
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005, I had every imaginable kind of support: a top-notch medical team, good health insurance, a loving mate, helpful kids, great friends, colleagues who covered for me when I needed them to. And still I struggled with fear and sadness. The things that helped me cope with those: sister survivors--and yoga.
Sign up for email updates of the latest news, best answers, and featured experts.
Custom health, wellness, & medical offers including clinical trials, market research opportunities, & new programs.
3 Quick Ways You Can Help
1) Spread the word! Tell people you think might want some support. Tell medical professionals, health providers, and organizations.
2) Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
3) Volunteer - email us at email@example.com for more information.
More Ways To Help!